How to Set up and Use Time Machine to Backup your Mac 2020 g technology hard drive for mac

Time machine is a built-in, pre-installed backup program found on macOS or OSX. In this video, we show you how to setup your Time Machine backup as well as look at and explain the settings within Time Machine Application. Time Machine works as a backup on any MacBook, iMac, etc. BUT not iPhones (iOs). Time Machine only works with the following operating systems to back up your Mac: macOS Catalina
macOS Mojave
macOS High Sierra
macOS Sierra
OS X El Capitan
OS X Yosemite
OS X Mavericks
OS X Mountain Lion
OS X Lion
OS X Snow Leopard

► Check out our filming, unbox, and gaming PC build equipment here:

► HelpCloud is your Go-To Tech Resolution Hub. Our search engine offers answers with resolution and if our search doesn’t find your tech resolution then our supplemental tech support or inquiry services can:

► For immediate support, fill out form here:

► Or call: 1-800-774-2740 .

Images related to the topic g technology hard drive for mac

How to Set up and Use Time Machine to Backup your Mac 2020

How to Set up and Use Time Machine to Backup your Mac 2020

Search related to the topic How to Set up and Use Time Machine to Backup your Mac 2020

#Set #Time #Machine #Backup #Mac
How to Set up and Use Time Machine to Backup your Mac 2020
g technology hard drive for mac

Cortney Warren 28/09/2021 - 6:56 Chiều

Great video! Gotta question: I connected my new external hd for a time machine backup,
but I can't drag any files into the new external HD now that it's connected to time machine.
How can I allow file to drag in to the drive and receive time machine backups?

Chris D'souza 28/09/2021 - 6:56 Chiều

Hi I have a doubt. I am planning to upgrade to Big Sur and gonna use Time Machine to backup around 30gb data. Do I need a new external hardrive for back-up? Since I already have an old 1TB hardrive which has around 900gb free. I know it's probably a dumb question but I read somewhere that you should have a separate hardrive for using time machine. Pls help

WinTF 28/09/2021 - 6:56 Chiều

i live in utah so i dropped a like the second i saw the hat 😂

NewsFromNY 28/09/2021 - 6:56 Chiều

They wiped out clean my laptop at Apple and now I'm trying to restore it from Time Machine on an external hard drive, the issue is that when i try to do so, and i select the hard drive, it says ''No macOC system backups were found''. I know the Time Machine is there still because i can open the hard drive on another mac and go through it. Any ideas of how can i fix it? I tried updating my software, updating to Catalina, everything. I'm lost.

Melissa 28/09/2021 - 6:56 Chiều

So the hard drive has to be connected at all times for the Mac to keep saving per hour? Or is there a way for the Mac to automatically save your info on an online cloud every hour (Just to have two options, in case the external hard drive breaks).
I just got a Mac for the first time after my PC died. I had it backed up on an external hard drive but I only did so when I remembered to. Thus I lost a month's work. I'm looking for a way to back up my files automatically without me having to plug anything in.
I have iCloud but I'm not sure if that's doing what I want it to?

Thanks!

Lovemore Muzorori 28/09/2021 - 6:56 Chiều

Thank you for your video its so informative. Can i have have a time machine with a fresh install of el capitan 10.11.6

Youknow Who 28/09/2021 - 6:56 Chiều

Hey can you partition a big hard drive in parts to use for time machine with 2 macbooks, macs, etc? or does it have to one external hard drive for every machine? Because it says to erase the drive when you use it the first time. Is it possible to do this for time machine with 2 macs, mackbooks, etc.?

dick castle 28/09/2021 - 6:56 Chiều

If I have a time machine backup of my computer on a HD, i I can then delete stuff off my computer without actually losing it then?

DGC Dream 28/09/2021 - 6:56 Chiều

Do you must have an empty hard drive in order to use the time machine or can you use a used one but it's been used already but not a lot of files in there?

M S 28/09/2021 - 6:56 Chiều

The lighting in your room is cool

Buu Majin 28/09/2021 - 6:56 Chiều

Does this back up the operating system

shoptwoblooms 28/09/2021 - 6:56 Chiều

Thank you, I had an old back up from another program that was 6 months ago and my computer crashed. Thankfully I was able to do target disk mode and get all my files back except applications. Never really knew how Time Machine worked so glad I found this video. I'm backing up right now.

Jason Mathew 28/09/2021 - 6:56 Chiều

This is such a great video…. Can we backup certain big applications too ?

EMVNS P 28/09/2021 - 6:56 Chiều

Very thorough and informational

Mr. A. 28/09/2021 - 6:56 Chiều

Thank you so much for this. Im wanting to upgrade my 2014 macbook pro on Mojave 10.14 to BIG SUR and i dont have enough space to do it. Im gonna try this out to clean it up and install it.

Janice Mitchell 28/09/2021 - 6:56 Chiều

Can you backup a laptop and desktop on the same external drive?

Jamie L. 28/09/2021 - 6:56 Chiều

How long does it take ?

Paula I 28/09/2021 - 6:56 Chiều

Thanks. I thought I had to do a full back up each time. I have a few other things on the external drive that has my back up. If the drive gets full from backups, will Time Machine delete those things as well? I'd like to keep them on there for now . . .just too much going on to migrate those to another computer and then move them again to a new external hard drive. Thanks in advance!

ennuied 28/09/2021 - 6:56 Chiều

OH MY GOD. How in the hell would I know that I have to go into the system tray thingy and press "start back up now"? Why not have it in the actual backup window!

Melanie Calderon 28/09/2021 - 6:56 Chiều

dumb question I'm sure, but does Time Machine also back up my Bookmarks?

clean_wrists_not_hips 28/09/2021 - 6:56 Chiều

This video was awesome!! I added a like and sub 🙂 I’m still a little confused because my situation is so specific and I’m scared to lose everything on my computer by trying this as the backup. Can someone please help me with an answer to this question? I bought my computer approx. 8 years ago and haven’t used it in probably 4 years so everything is extremely outdated to where it won’t even let me visit certain websites until I update the computer. I was hoping I could try this time machine method to save all of my data/photos/ everything so that I can update my computer to the newest software. The time machine will have to go back years to save my oldest memory/information. Is this possible without losing anything or should I manually try and save my information?

Also, should I eject the time machine hard drive when I update the computer to the newest software? I don’t want it to re write or lose any of my saved information if I try the time machine backup. Any tips or help would be seriously appreciated because I know nothing about hard drives! 🙁

THANKS SO MUCH!!

Oh and the size hard drive I have to use as the time machine backup is a 5TB

V B H Kishore T 28/09/2021 - 6:56 Chiều

Thank you so much for this video.

Nasser DIY qtr DNY 28/09/2021 - 6:56 Chiều

Wow that is so easy you didn’t help me to back up my iMac because it doesn’t allow me to install some applications and I will upgrade to the newest iMac and MacBook Pro 16 inch please subscribe don’t mess it is very freaking hell expensive on Box and kill video

Eva Harris 28/09/2021 - 6:56 Chiều

Thank you for the clear instructions!

Riya Shah 28/09/2021 - 6:56 Chiều

Hi, I have a question for you. I am having a new external hard drive. I am using Mojave. When I connect my disk for the first time I get a message saying, back up not encrypted time machine is backing up an encrypted disk to an unencrypted disk. Bcs of this error it was taking the back up. What should I do?

Apong Imsong 28/09/2021 - 6:56 Chiều

Hello thanks for the video ☺️🎉
I want to clarify something when I restore the backup will it restore my OS as well?… Like i want to install a new OS but something went wrong so can I get back to my old OS when I restore it?

Sameer Patankar 28/09/2021 - 6:56 Chiều

Is it necessary to plug my portable all the time in order to keep my backup updated?

Jose Medel 28/09/2021 - 6:56 Chiều

This is the only helpful video over all over YouTube is so annoying watching a bunch of ppl just talking about even they’re damn pets and put you and like WTH did you just said? 👀 I really appreciated dude keep on YouTubing we need more ppl like u 👍🏽

28/09/2021 - 6:56 Chiều

how to set google drive shared drive by another person to the time machine?

Santosh P.S.S. 28/09/2021 - 6:56 Chiều

Important Fact:

Standing Bodies Of Water are always level (level means no elevation or deviation from a given point to any other given point). This is a scientific fact because this is observable, testable, repeatable, measurable, demonstrable by every single human being alive. This fact alone destroys the mathematical concept and religious idea known as the "heliocentric model". More specifically, this fact alone makes it impossible for us to live on an exterior of a pear-shaped sphere spinning at fantastical speeds going nowhere.

Just before you start to attach straw man fallacies on to me, keep in mind these important things:

There are three different sciences:
Natural Science (which deals with the Objective World)

Social Science (deals with societies and the relationship between people in societies)

Formal Science (deals with languages such as mathematics which bares no connection to the Objective World)

"What is the shape of the earth I stand upon?" this is a Natural Science question.

Science does not belong to an institution or a group of people. It belongs to every single human being alive.

We live in the present. Not in the past or the future. History can never be considered as a fact of reality in any way shape or form because of obvious reasons. We can't directly experience the past or the future.

Just observing something is not a fact that something exists. We need observable, testable, repeatable, measurable, demonstrable practical facts for something to be considered as a part of the Objective World. This is also known as the Scientific Method.

There is a difference between the corporeal world (the physical world) and the visible world. The reason why we can't conclude something as a fact based on our observations is because we know things get smaller based on how far they're from us when we see them through our eyes. If I see a railroad, the lines look like they're converging, but we know that's impossible because people measured the lines, and the lines are parallel. The lines don't actually meet in real life, it's just how we see things. Our eyes are spherical, we see euclidean (planar) world through spherical eyes.

Without physically testing, repeating, measuring, and accessing something in full three dimensions, it's impossible to know exactly what it is that we're trying to quantify.

Looking up at the sky does not give you measurable proof of the earth you stand upon. It's like looking up at the light in your room and then measuring the floor based on that light. It's absurd.

Images and videos are never considered as scientific facts because of obvious reasons. Images and videos can be manipulated, they're not tangible. We can't directly experience them.

Mathematical equations bare no relation to the Objective World. Mathematics is just a language, like English. Just because something is mathematically correct does not mean it's real. It's like saying "I'm flying!", even though the sentence is grammatically correct, I'm obviously not flying right now.

"Gravity" is a mathematical concept, it's pseudoscience. It does not have any practical facts. Magical pulling forces don't exist in the Objective Reality. Motion only happens if something presses on something else (pressure variants). Pull is just a term for taking something closer to someone.

Things falling down has got nothing to do with the shape of the earth. In the simplest sense, things that weigh more than air fall, and things that weigh less than air float. Why do things even fall? No one has any practical facts for why things even have weight. The mathematical theorists are making assumptions about why things are falling, but understand that those are just assumptions, not facts.

The sky, the Moon, the Sun, and the Stars are all intangibles. If every single human being can't observe, test, repeat, measure, demonstrate something in a practical fashion, it is considered a belief, or pseudoscience. Can every single human being access these lights in the sky? Obviously not. Not to mention stars look like flashing lights when looked through a Nikon COOLPIX P900 (It's still not a fact of anything because we can't move around them in full three dimensions and use our senses).

Admitting to yourself that you truly don't know something is the most honest realization you could have, it is how you progress further. For example, I do not know what the Sun is. The mathematical theorists are making assumptions of what the Sun is, and where it is located. They don't know what the Sun actually is, or where it is located. Unless I could move around the Sun in full three dimensions, the only possible stance I can have is "I don't know". Anything beyond that will be a belief. The only thing I know is that it's a light in the sky moving in a straight line across the sky (because of how our eyes work it looks like the Sun is moving in an arc across the sky, but the Sun is actually moving across the sky in a straight line).

Another example, "I know the full dimensions of earth" is also a belief because I never explored the whole world to know the full dimensions. Remember, something only becomes a fact if it's observable, testable, repeatable, measurable, demonstrable by every single human being alive. In this case, each and every individual should explore the Objective World to its fullest extent, listening to "authorities" is just a belief. The world "map" is also a concept, because every single human being didn't explored the whole world to verify or falsify the map. People are believing in complete strangers and thinking the official "world map" is true and there is nothing more to explore because they see a blue sphere on their TV.

Just because the majority of the population are believing something exists doesn't mean something actually exists in the Objective World. Once again, we need OTRMDPFs for something to be considered as a fact of the Objective Reality.

Letters before your name does not mean anything. Direct experience is the most important thing. If we can't experience something directly then most of the time it's useless for us.

I can only represent myself. Personalities are OUT of the question.

If I drop a brick on my head I know what's going to happen. The objective reality does not change based on your subjective opinions or beliefs. It is what it is.

Why is this important? Well, the government and its associations are BLATANTLY lying about our existence, the shape of the world, and the dimensions of the world. What's more important than finding out how far the world extends? Full exploration is needed for further understanding of life's most important questions: where are we, why are we here, and what does it all mean. Without knowing where we are everything we do is just a concept. And the government claims resources are "limited". How come?

For example, if I give you a board, and without giving you any instructions or rules, I want you to play a game, what game are you going to play?

The government and its associations are telling you what you're suppose to do, what's expected of you, what you're not suppose to do. Who agreed to their "law" book? I certainly did not. How is it fair that the government and its associations (the police and the military) are imposing their subjective rules onto the human beings? Everyone has different rules about different things, subjective rules are PERSONAL, they're NOT objective. Just because some guy on the TV babbles on about his subjective opinions and rules doesn't mean they're OBJECTIVE. Forcefully imposing someone's subjective rules onto others is nothing short of tyranny.

Why can't we freely explore the objective world as much as we like? Why is there a physical, and mental restriction by the police, the military, and by psychopaths known as the governments?

Remember, no one rules if no one obeys.

Another analogy: if I erase your memory and put you in a confinement, what is the first thing you're going to look for? Where's the exit. But if I put some actors to distract you by showing you books and telling you there is no exit, then you'll never try to even think about the exit, there will be other brainwashed people just like you who'll brainwash you even more. Then some other actors will tell you what to do, what's expected of you, what you're not suppose to do, and what's the punishment for breaking their god-given "law" book, some other brainwashed people will also have weapons so that common people like you will forcefully follow my law book, which makes my job incredibly easy by making you a slave if that's what I was ever up to.

Why should we accept slavery? Why should we accept strangers imposing their subjective versions of what's good and what's bad onto us?

If you have OTRMDPFs (Observable, Testable, Repeatable, Measurable, Demonstrable Practical Facts) that large Standing Bodies Of Water can bend (sounds absurd to even think about it), please feel free to email me at MysteriousPlane@pm.me, but understand that I should be able to demonstrate your claims in a practical fashion, because that's how the Objective World works. No offense, but If your claims have no relation to the Objective World, then I'm afraid I have to conclude that you're either blatantly lying or you're really stupid (Or for some reason you want to defend your religious beliefs, because the Earth being a sphere is a religious belief, a mathematical concept, it has no facts, it has no relation to the Objective World).

I understood the facts of the Objective Reality thanks to Del from Beyond the imaginary curve: https://youtube.com/channel/UCvswlgeHodOejVN21TWweLw

Karen Douvillier 28/09/2021 - 6:56 Chiều

I have Time machine…but it does nothing. I purchased a new external modem…but my mac doesn't recognize it. Any advice

K T 28/09/2021 - 6:56 Chiều

Can you use the disk for regular files after you've set the SSD up for Time Machine?

Miguel Plazas 28/09/2021 - 6:56 Chiều

Which external drive do you recomend me? I would like some "vertical" position of the external harddrive.

fgrfgfrgrgrgrg 28/09/2021 - 6:56 Chiều

Great video!! But music is a bit distracting

Artjom Raznjak 28/09/2021 - 6:56 Chiều

how to set up time machine via Wi Fi?

Arctic Wind 28/09/2021 - 6:56 Chiều

Just needed to find that “Back Up Now” button! Why do they hide it up top only?!

mike419100 28/09/2021 - 6:56 Chiều

Great Job – No BS – To the point! – Thanks!

B 888 28/09/2021 - 6:56 Chiều

Plug what in? Do I need an external device?

Sethflix 28/09/2021 - 6:56 Chiều

Why must everyone out such crappy music as what's playing here in the background of their videos? I don't get it. It's distracting!!

shivabluegreen 28/09/2021 - 6:56 Chiều

Hi. Thank you so much for this vey helpful video. Somehow I always had a bit of tough time with Time-Machine. But using this – I was able to create a back up for my Mac mini. Eventhough my 1st backup went well, I have.a question. You mentioned that Time machine will ask for erase. Somehow I didn't get it. is it because I cleaned the USB drive before connecting? Any ideas? Just curious.
Thanks again.

Orbitance 28/09/2021 - 6:56 Chiều

Thank you for a very clear and concise video. Just one question; I want to use Time Machine to back up the 500MB Hard Drive I use for photography (BIG files). If I want to restore one specific photographic folder do I use Migrate? Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks again!

Chris Andrew 28/09/2021 - 6:56 Chiều

Time Machine seems to have erased all photos in my Photos library AFTER the date I restored back to. Are they really all deleted???

The Barber Pope 28/09/2021 - 6:56 Chiều

you are the best!! thanks

Boughatii Lovren 28/09/2021 - 6:56 Chiều

Thanks for this video all this time I was thinking my mac just backs up automatically without me needing to insert an external disk you have just saved me .

skinny slim 28/09/2021 - 6:56 Chiều

Nice video!! One question! Do you need to keep the drive plugin for it to back the files?

Teddie A. 28/09/2021 - 6:56 Chiều

ugh where's the big sur tutorial

Juhaidah Johari 28/09/2021 - 6:56 Chiều

if i have a few mac mini and i want to use same hardisk drive to back, is it possible?

John Fernandez 28/09/2021 - 6:56 Chiều

if im using an external drive for time machine, can i also use it simuntanously to store files regularly

Saaraa Shamji 28/09/2021 - 6:56 Chiều

Hi, if I just wanted a monthly back up, can I unplug the hard drive and just get back ups monthly?

LCDT 28/09/2021 - 6:56 Chiều

So I´ve started yesterday. And today I can only go back one hour on the time macnine. Should`nt I be able to go back to yesterdays files …?? Can´t do it…